Saturday, January 29, 2005

it's a free-wheeling kinda thing

Driving seems fun, ain't it? What freedom it brings. More late nights out and road trips for the young lads and lasses. Lo and behold the adventures which are about to spring onto these independent youths!Driving's also convenient eh? There’s no need to wait 20 freakin’ minutes for a bus to rumble along. Forget the crowds and all the shoving and elbowing to get onto public transport.
However, before one gets to enjoy these perks, one actually has to learn how to drive. *gasp* How did that slip our minds?

And guess what? Driving isn’t as easy as it looks either. Just hop into your car, turn on the ignition and off ya go? Think again. You also gotta release the handbrakes, fiddle with the clutch pedal, and accelerator and check for on-coming traffic before the ‘off you go’ actually takes place.

For now I’m still the beginner: grappling with the wheel, desperately trying to co-ordinate my feet and anxiously twitching my head left and right. Initially the Queen of Stalling, I'm now the Queen of Free-Wheeling. I wonder which is more dangerous. *ponder ponder* Looks like it’s gonna be quite a while before I morph into one of those seasoned driver who can smoothly manoeuvre the vehicle.

I just hope I don’t turn into one of those hazardous drivers. *grins*

Posted by quirkyditz at 10:39 pm

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home