Monday, February 28, 2005

When a door closes

When a door closes ... three things can happen.

Firstly, you may be left behind. The second possibility is that you get/ nearly get clipped in between those menacing jaws. Lastly, as the cliche goes - another door will open.

Today, a very unfortunate me had the luck to be a victim of the first two scenarios.

Peak hour at the MRT is insane! That's where the doors closed right smack in my face, leaving me standing at the platform all alone and forlorn. But pretty relieved cos I wasn't as unlucky as the aunty a few steps in front of me. She managed to enter just in the nick of time, but got SQUASHED by the evil doors in the process. "Soooo unglam", I thought. But I was obviously gloating way too soon. Cos just as I was about to step into the lift at my apartment's lobby, those cursed doors suddenly started closing in on me too. Bleurgh. So I was caught doing one of those flinches with a twisted "oh my gawd, my bones are gonna turn into powder" expression on my face.

To top it all off, it's the first day of school after the break and I feel totally tired and bummed. What a wonderful start.

Posted by quirkyditz at 10:34 pm

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home