Thursday, March 24, 2005

Boo boo

What a day, what a day! Seriously, projects and assignments and essays are like the Dementors of Harry Potter - they suck the life outta you. Don't ask me how many I've completed and how many more are undone.

Anyway, my day started off really early. I was supposed to wake up at 6am to tie up the loose ends of the essay. But i was way too zonked out. So I only managed to crawl outta bed at 7am. And apparently, the "loose ends" of the essay were all jumbled up and in one huge mess. So I only had the final copy completed at 12pm! And ... horror of horrors - the essay had to be nestled safely in my lecturer's pigeon hole by 1pm.

You know, when you're totally frantic, things just have a way of going all wrong. So here comes the first of the many boo-boos that occured along the way:

Booboo 1: While waiting for the lift I realised I left my pencil case at home. Thinking that my thumbdrive was in there I headed back to my place.

Booboo 2: My thumbdrive was actually in my bag already.Lucky for me, I managed to hail a cab immediately. So in the cab I was proof-reading my essay and along came:

Booboo 3: Fatal gramatical errors in my conclusion. I'd have to reprint the page.

Booboo 4: I stapled the pages in the wrong order and didn't have a stapler on hand.Well, I managed to reach campus pretty quickly ... then -

Booboo 5: I told the cab driver to turn left when he was supposed to turn right. Thank goodness he didn't follow my instructions. Cos he had the sense to realise I was uttering nonsense when my words didn't correspond with my hand gestures. I bounded up to the clubroom to dump my belongings and then rushed out to the printers to make the changes and reprint the page. And then I was struck by -

Booboo 6: I left my thumbdrive in my bag, which was in the clubroom. (again!?! yes, my exact sentiments) Of course I got my the essay chucked into the pigeon hole on time. But not without facing the last of the Booboos.

Booboo 7: A stapler that refused to work :And so, that's the end of my Booboo day.

Posted by quirkyditz at 1:46 am

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home