Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Cinderella and her biological mum

Did Green Day do a remix of Boulevard of Broken Dreams with extra humming noises in the background? Nooo, they didn't. It was just my mum singing, or rather, attempting to sing along with them. I nearly fell off my bed. Mothers and Green Day just don't go together hand in hand.

"You know this song?" I asked incredulously.
"Ya, you always listen to it." She replied, unperturbed by my challenge.

Right ... no offense, mum. But I bet you can't differentiate one "noisy" song from the next. :p Nonetheless I was pretty amused.

Speaking of mummy dearest, as a Mother's Day treat, I morphed into Cinderella and got all down and dirty just for her - scrubbing the greasy dishes till they were sparkling clean and mopping the kitchen floor to the point that I could see my reflection in it.

And like all other fairy tales, the ending was a happy one - wrapping up the day with a rich and creamy slice of chocolate cake was way better than finding the missing glass slipper.

Posted by quirkyditz at 2:53 am

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home